I have extensive experience editing technical documentation including white papers, government studies and reports, analysis of regulations, business advisory reports, and advocacy pieces. My work ranges from urban planning and design to analysis of youth in Ethiopia, health care, high-level bilateral trade concerns, and nuanced cross-border data flow issues.
While editing every publication requires a tailored approach, my general process is as follows:
- Identify the audience and purpose.
- Read for content and context
- Eliminate unnecessary words wordiness
- Edit structure and flow
- Edit grammar, spelling, and style
- Edit facts and numbers
- Check formatting and in-house style
- Final read
Recent technical work that I’ve edited includes: